This sea-facing, ground floor, luxury 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartment, situated on the tropical east coast of KwaZulu Natal is just 30 minutes south of Durban in the quiet, unspoiled coastal village of Illovo Beach. The town sits on the Illovo river, first christened ‘iLovo’ by the Zulu’s after the mlovo trees that grew on its banks.
La Mer is on a four-kilometre stretch of unspoiled coastline, where the beach is a very short walk away. Plant your feet firmly in the sand before being tempted in by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
This is a ground floor apartment that:
- is fully furnished with one double (en-suite) and one twin bedroom.
- features a spacious open-plan kitchen-dining-living area.
- the main bedroom and lounge have direct access to a wide terrace with 180 degree sea-view, outdoor furniture and a gas barbeque.
- is fully air-conditioned (3 units)
- has direct beach access through a private gate just a mere minutes’ walk from the apartment. It offers excellent beachfront fishing, safe swimming in shark-net protected waters, blissful sunbathing and, for the kids, endless sandcastle-building opportunities.
- the lagoon at the mouth of the Lovu River is a haven for bird-watching and canoeing.
- La Mer is well maintained with lush gardens and an inviting swimming pool and kiddies pool with barbeque facilities and a club house.
- the complex has 24-hour security.
- there is reserved undercover parking for one vehicle, plus ample open parking for visitors.
- the main coastal highway is out of view and earshot, but is 5 minutes’ drive away offering easy access to some of South Africa’s top game parks, dive sites, nature reserves, golf courses and other coastal attractions.